Arizona Defensive Driving is a Supreme Court-approved program that allows offenders to have their traffic ticket dismissed. A Defensive Driving School (DDS) provides a quick and easy way to have your Arizona traffic ticket dismissed and stop points from appearing on your driving record.
Defensive driving programs are aimed at helping drivers dismiss citations and prevent hikes in their auto insurance rates. Good news is that these programs are easy and affordable, and they can be done at your own pace. The offender can also sign up for an Arizona Supreme Court approved online course to save time, money and gas.
The Arizona Supreme Court approved defensive driving courses can help in the following cases:
- Have a traffic ticket or minor violation dismissed
- Avoid accumulation of driving record points
- Earn an auto insurance discount
These courses are available to both Arizona drivers as well as out-of-state drivers who have committed a traffic violation in Arizona.
Who Is Eligible?
According to Arizona statutes, a person is allowed to remove one DDS-eligible traffic violation from their driving record every two years by completing Defensive Driving School. For eligible candidates, the DDS Program is available for one DDS-eligible violation on their citation. However, all additional violations on their citation (complaint), must be processed through court.
The offender will have to meet all the following conditions to be eligible to attend Defensive Driving School:
- Their citation was for a DDS-eligible civil moving violation
- They have not attended DDS for any Arizona civil traffic violation in the last 24 months
- Their citation was not issued as a result of seriously or fatally injuring any person in a collision
- Their case is not set for a hearing
- They do not have a Commercial Driver License (CDL)
Benefits Of Enrolling In A DDS
Enrolling with an Online Traffic School saves you from wasting time in a boring classroom. Drivers can fulfill their traffic school requirement and clear their record online. They can take the course from any computer or laptop that has internet access. They can even carry their laptop to any wi-fi zone, coffee shop, or even the park, and complete the course in no more than four and a half hours. By law, the course should take at least four hours, and not more than four and a half!
Benefits of DDS for the offender are given below:
- They will not have to pay a fine for one DDS-eligible traffic violation
- They will not have to go to court for that violation
- Their violation will be dismissed
- They won’t have any points on their license for that violation
So enroll in a Defensive Driving Program today and keep your driving record clean. All you have to do is register online, take the course at your own pace, and earn your completion certificate. Everything from registration to completing the final exam can be done online.